Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fast Food

It's funny how, much more recently, the quality of the already mediocre fast food restaurants has been in a decline. What use to be a quick stop where you could eat a fast, greasy meal for very cheap is now long lines wrapping around the parking lot with combos pricing 7-10 dollars, smaller portions, and cheaper ingredients. Though this has been a realization for many for quite some time already it was not until recently that I discovered how truly inedible some of these once tasty fast food joints have become. Taking a break from my search for the world's best burger, I decided to grab a bacon cheese burger really quick on my way home. The first place I come across is Wendy's, where I use to really enjoy their burgers. As I pull into the parking lot to go to the drive thru, I come across what appears to be 6 cars in the line. I figured that according to their title of "fast food" that this line would move at a relatively quick pace. This was wrong. I sat there for 20 minutes before I was even able to order in which I had a lady recall over my very basic order at least 7 times, as she constantly added mistake after mistake. After another 10 minutes I made it to the window and drove off feeling unsatisfied with the experience already. When I made it home, I sat down to eat what better have been the best burger of my life based on what I went through. The meat was over cooked, cheese tasted as if it had been sitting out, bun was hard, and there were tomatoes which I had asked for none of multiple times. Now I understand, after having worked at a McDonald's that the goal of a fast food restaurant is to make a profit of what cost you next to nothing to make. But the sacrifice of quality that was poor to begin with is a crime. This food will becoming a dying breed if it continues in this direction and based of what I tasted, this wouldn't be a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment