Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WalMart...

Though I've already made my post for the day it would seem my recent encounter that just occurred at Walmart, which by the way is the skid mark on the underpants of grocery stores, was note worthy and needed to be shared. As I enter this dull store and it's culmination of grey walls and blue banners, I already begin to feel a sort of sadness because of my compromise resulting from not wanting to drive far to reach the far more superior target store. As I sluggishly walk to the back to get the bottled water, milk, and eggs I came for I am approached by an employee. This gentlemen, a very colorful and lively redneck whose first recommendation has to do with their sale on keystone light, begins a conversation with me about football. Now as assumed, if a redneck brings up football to me, a person who only follows LSU and Saints games along with a handful of others, I immediately think my knowledge to be bested. But it wasn't until this intelligent comment that I remembered where I live. "Man you know them rangers are gonna make it all the way to the Super Bowl." Now from here is when I struggled with whether to laugh as a joke but at the possibility he was genuinely mentally unstable which was not a risk I'm willing to take. I agreed and hurried off before being exposed to more of his opinion on his favorite football team, the Rangers. The redneck culture is a very unique one indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment